Here are Carter and Chloe's school pictures for the 2010-2011 school year.
Carter is in 3rd grade at Oregon Trail Elementary. His teacher is Mrs. Skov. He started 3rd grade in New Mexico with Mr. Eisenberg at Cielo Azul Elementary. He says that he likes Oregon Trail better.
Chloe is in Mrs. Ruiz's 1st grade class. She started the year with Ms. Wallin, in New Mexico, and really likes both teachers. I wasn't planning on getting the kids school pictures taken, but when Chloe got to school and realized it was picture day, she called me up in tears. The next thing I knew, I was ironing her dress, Carter's shirt and heading off to the school. We barely made it in time for Chloe's class. She missed the class picture, so they had to re-take it. That's what mom's do! We do what is important for the kids, right!?!
Both kids have done very well in transitioning schools. The first day they came home on the bus from Oregon Trail, they were so excited. They wanted to tell me all about the "old-fashioned" desks. (I have to say that Oregon Trail is the newest public school in Twin Falls, even though it is quite a few years old. It wasn't even around until after I graduated from high school.) I was anxious to hear all about these desks. They described them as opening from the top and the chairs are attached to the desks. (This didn't sound too antiquish to me. That's what we used.) I asked what their desks were like in New Mexico and they said that the chairs were separate and they just put their stuff in at the front of the desk. The top doesn't open. I guess I feel old. Their school Cielo Azul was brand new when Carter started 1st grade. Each of the classrooms there had a smart board and a lot of newer technology. Anyway, I am glad that they really enjoy Oregon Trail Elementary. There seems to be more of a relaxed atmosphere. You don't have to tattoo your right arm to get into the school to bring cupcakes for birthdays, etc. I am happy for the kids and grateful they are adjusting so easily.





1 comment:
Your kids have grown so much since I met you in Rio Rancho while with David and Amanda. We lived in Twin Falls years ago and thought the people were some of the best we have ever known. Our primary care physician moved there from our ward last year in Henderson, NV, Darryl and Melissa Ficklin with a son and three daughters, wonderful people. Love your blog. Barbara Clyde
Post a Comment