Monday, May 2, 2011

I Know the Scriptures are True

This year all of our kids are in Primary!  Carter is in the Valiant 9 class, Chloe is in the CTR 7 class, Mason is in the CTR 4 class and Josie is our lovely little Sunbeam.  It is so fun to them all excited to learn about the gospel and get to sing all the fun primary songs.  We have a really neat Primary President and the kids call her Sister McDonald's, because her last name is McDonald.  This year the primary theme is "I Know the Scriptures are True" so the primary presidency gave all the kids in primary their own scripture bag with their name on it.  They also received a Book of Mormon and a red scripture pencil.  There was such a neat feeling in church that day as everywhere you looked their were little children carrying around these colorful scripture bags.  The kids are so good to bring them every week and look through them during church.  I know that this is instilling in our children the importance of the scriptures and and excitement to read them.

In the Book of Mormon, Nephi teaches that "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ.  Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do."  2 Nephi 32:3

One of my favorite primary songs, and there are many, is Search, Ponder, and Pray and here are the words...
I love to read the holy scriptures,
And every time I do,
I feel the Spirit start to grow within my heart
A testimony that they're true.
Search, ponder and pray
Are the things that I must do. 
The Spirit will guide, and deep inside,
I'll know the scriptures are true.

So, prayerfully I'll read the scriptures,
Each day my whole life through.
I'll come to understand.
I'll head the Lord's command
And live as he would have me do.
Search, ponder and pray
Are the things that I must do.
The Spirit will guide, and deep inside,
I'll know the scriptures are true.

I love to read the Book of Mormon and I love to see my children reading their scriptures as well.  I do know that as I search, ponder and pray in and about the scriptures, the Spirit guides me and strengthens my testimony.  I love the primary theme this year and know it will strengthen my children's testimonies of the scriptures.

No comments: