Thursday, May 26, 2011

Roller Skating Field Trip

Carter went on a field trip at the end of the school year.  I had the opportunity to go with him.  All of the 3rd graders went to Skateland for a couple hours and then they walked to the movie theatre and watched the movie Rio.  I just went along to watch Carter at Skateland.  Going there, took me back to my childhood years where I used to love to go roller skating. 

These first couple pictures are a little blurry, but I love the effect.  Carter did pretty well, considering he has only roller-bladed and never skated before.

It was fun spending the morning with Carter.  He would skate for a while and then come over and sit by me.  Every once in a while he would introduce me to some of his friends, which I was grateful to meet.  One little girl came over and asked me if I was Carter's mom.  Then she told me I was so pretty, which made me smile.  I watched all these kids and felt grateful we are blessed to have Carter in our home.  He is a kind, gentle, loving and caring boy and I really am grateful to be his mother.  He radiates a genuinely good spirit and sincerely desires to do what is right.  It was a peaceful morning spent with my sweet son. 
Notice the school signs in the background.
Loosing his balance, just before falling.
What a handsome boy you are Carter!
I love you Carter!
You are growing up into a great young man.

No comments: