This year on Memorial Day we went to the Shoshone Falls with the Ficek Family. It was absolutely amazing! The falls are known as the Niagara Falls of the west and is one of the most impressive views along the famous Snake River. The waterfalls are nearly 1500 feet wide with water dropping a staggering 212 feet it is even a longer drop than the Niagara Falls which drops 176 feet. I have never seen so much water going over the falls! There were so many vehicles that we had to wait for cars to leave before they would let more cars come down the canyon. The road was solid cars and we had to park way up the hill by the entrance to the Canyon Rim Trail because there was no where else to park. It was a beautiful sunny day. The mist was coming off the falls so thick that we could feel it as we
walked down the hill towards the road. The closer we got, the more it felt like it was raining. Crazy!
The parking lot and sidewalks were all wet from the rain and the grass was so wet it was almost muddy.
See the mist coming up from the falls...it was so beautiful!
Normally, most of the water comes from the left side of the falls, but not this time. It was so thick on the right side of the falls that I was awestruck by the amount and power of the water coming down. This picture mostly shows the left side of the falls.
Another picture of the mist...
People on the lookout.
There were some amazing rainbows because of the mist.
Here you can see both sides of the falls. Look how much is coming over that right side!
The right side again...I know, I am obsessed with the right side. :)
I am grateful to live in a beautiful place.































No comments:
Post a Comment