Friday, April 1, 2011

Yo-Yo!

Recently, at the kids elementary school, there was a special assembly where someone came and performed using a yo-yo.  The kids of course loved it and all needed to get one.  They were selling the NED ones at the school and since Memaw works at Toy Town, we bought one there...it wasn't NED.  For weeks, ok maybe only days, Carter begged and begged for a NED yo-yo holder.  Finally, in a very weak moment, I gave in and bought him one.  There were only 2 left, just in time!  Carter has become quite talented with it.  He usually picks up on things pretty fast, once he overcomes the initial "I Can't Do It!"  meltdown.  I must admit that he gets his yo-yo-ing abilities from his Dad, because I don't have any of those skills.
 This picture makes me think of the old western movies where they are ready for a gunfight and we are all anxiously waiting to see who will be the first to draw their gun.  Only this time, I am anxious to see what trick Carter has learned today.


No comments: