Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Watching Daddy Chop a Tree

This morning, Daddy called and said he was going to be chopping down a tree and invited us to go and watch him.  Mason and Josie couldn't have been more thrilled!  It was a little bit chilly, but that didn't stop Mason from climbing up the nearby tree to watch with a blanket.

Here is Daddy, high on the ladder, cutting off limbs.

Look at that tree...hmmm, which way does it need to fall?
Poor little old tree.  Now to become firewood.
Memorizing every detail of chopping trees.
Sassily complaining "I'm cold, let's go home...wait, I want to see what's going to happen next."

Timber...
There it goes...
Perfect Landing...
Now, who will be king of the tree trunk?
"I will!"

Time to explore Daddy's work truck.
Little man with Big man tools.
Mason, hoping to be just as awesome as his Daddy one day.


We are so grateful that Matt has been able to work for a landscaping company here in town.  He loves working outdoors in the fresh air, and the mental strength that comes from real hard work.  It is purely satisfying.   






No comments: