Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hex Bug Races

This week at ToyTown Tuesday, we did Hex Bug Races.  Did I mention that my mom works at ToyTown and every week they have something fun for the kids?  Well, there you have it.

Hex Bugs are scary little motorized cockroach looking things and they kind of freaked me out.  The guy on the right of the picture is Lance.  He works at ToyTown and you better watch out because he is always pestering the customers.  He will throw the flying-monkeys or hit you with the air gun.  Anyway,  he had to jump in the picture with us because, well just because he wanted to and there was no convincing him otherwise.

 Some pretty intense races, I guess.
 Riley was pretty intrigued by them and I think Carter's bug won.  Not by any effort of Carter's.  The bugs just bounce around the race track until they finally make their way to the finish line.  I really have no idea how they work, but there was a picture moment to take advantage of.
 There is Riley's sister Madelyn, she is so cute.
 Chloe is wishing her bug would pick up the pace...I think that's what she is thinking.
 Mason can't wait for the taffy at the end of the race, and that big yellow bucket thing is the air gun I was mentioning earlier.  It is just sitting there waiting for Lance to go bully some more customers.  :)


1 comment:

Poppy said...

You have been busy updating! I love catching up on all of your adventures. Although it makes me miss you all the more...I could really use your example in my life! It looks like you are having some fun through the rough times. Miss you guys!