Monday, April 4, 2011

General Conference April 2011

We have had another wonderful weekend listening to General Conference.  I love this "Spiritual Feast" every 6 months.  I can always feel myself getting spiritually drained as General Conference draws near and am so grateful to have this time to reflect on my life and literally have my spirit re-energized.  I am ready to re-evaluate life, make necessary changes and push forward for another 6 months. 

I am so grateful that our children love conference as well, and can stay pretty well-behaved for all 4 sessions.  It is fun to see them look at the screen and call out the Apostle's and Prophet's names because they recognize them.  I had a tender moment this weekend while observing our children.  I had a feeling that amidst all the things we aren't doing and teaching, this is one thing that we have instilled in our children at a young age.  They all love conference and anxiously await it every spring and fall.  We still have some wiggles and giggles, but we are striving to do what Heavenly Father wants us to do.  For this, I am humbled.
 Mason and Chloe saw their dad wear a white shirt and tie for the Sunday sessions, so they got dressed up as well.  Sometimes it is scary how much they watch and follow our examples.  Carter went with Matt again to the Priesthood Session, which has been their tradition for the past few years.  Carter is only 9 but he loves to listen and feel the spirit with his dad.  Who doesn't love a little one-on-one time with dad? 

  Of course candy is always involved.  This time we didn't have very many treats, but we did play this game where you can eat the candy after the speaker says the words.  The game was pretty short-lived and eventually all the candy ended up in little baggies for the kids to eat at their own leisure.  But when the treats were gone, they were gone. 
I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know He lives and loves each and every one of us.  I have many notes to reflect on and I can't wait to read and study each of the talks for the next 6 months.  Press Forward Saints!

1 comment:

Yvette Sorensen said...

alice, I loved your post. It's great to see you guys, we sure miss you here. I miss you here. I started a blog finally if you want to check it out ever, I love keeping track of you guys, hopefully we end up closer to Twin one day:) yvettesorensen.blogspot.com hugs