





Matt and I have just celebrated our 11 year anniversary. We went to the Albuquerque Temple and then ate dinner at The Range Cafe in Bernalillo. They had really delicious food. We celebrated it a week early because we will be traveling out of town for the holidays on that very day. We were married Saturday December 20, 1997 in the Mesa, Arizona Temple. It was a wonderful experience for us.
I reflect on the last 11 years and can't believe how much "real life" we have experienced. I was looking through our wedding album and found some fun "Words of Wisdom" that we received from friends. I thought they would be great to share with this post...
~ Never go to sleep angry.
~ Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.
~ Be Happy. Have lots of fun, and have many, many children, but not all at once.
~ (I thought this next one was quite creative)
M ~ Make every moment special
A ~ Attend church always
T ~ Thank God everyday for each other
T ~ Take each other out on a date 1 time per week.
&
A ~ Act as though you never heard that negative comment and then forget it!
L ~ Love being a home maker.
I ~ Increase your knowledge so you'll not be boring
C ~ Cuddle often
E ~ Eat nutricional foods so you'll stay healthy
~ Don't take things too seriously - let the little things stay that way!
~ Be Happy. Enjoy life and each other and don't take life too seriously.
~ Make sure the women do the haircutting.
~ Seperate His & Her toiletries!
~ Remember that Matt is the head of your home but you are the neck and you can turn him which ever way you want.
~ Probably the best advice I could give you is to not waste any time fighting, or disagreeing over small things that really don't matter.
~ Always talk about everything!
~ Try to go to the temple often.
~ Make Matt your best friend and always treat him that way. Never go to bed mad at each other.
~ Just always be best friends. HAve a sense of humor. Laugh.
~ Have seperate checking accounts! Ha!!
~ Never go to bed angry - always say I love you always pray together.
~ Remember to always give 100% to each other.
~ Every night before bed tell each other how much you love each other. Do this forever.
~ Don't let the MAN get you down - Hehe!
~ Always go fifty fifty when it comes to being the boss.
~ Marriage is NOT a 50-50 thing. Each needs to give 100% to each other to make the relationship work. Support each other.
~ You need kids right away.
~ Pray for Matt daily and whenever you think of him. He will need your support in order to perform his priesthood effectively.
~ When the going gets TOUGH- the tough DON'T go shopping! That's the time for the library or some place else that doesn't cost.
~ Don't take life too serious. Enjoy and laugh a lot!
~ Get me some nieces and nephew FAST!
So, we received some pretty good advice and we are trying to keep it. It seems that most people thought we should not fight before bed and we should give 100% to each other.
I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband. Thank you Matt for "roping the moon" for me. :) I Love You!
Post 12/15/08



5 comments:
My sis told me that the girls in her Sunday school class all thought Matt was "hot stuff" when you guys taught them!!
Congrats on 11!!
Julie...that is too funny. That was a fun class by the way. I enjoyed teaching with Alice.
I must say, the 11 years have gone by quickly. I think of all the advice we received, the greatest one I think is that I am the head of the household, but Alice is the neck, and she can turn me any direction she wants. If that isn't the TRUTH! Its a good thing too, if it was left up to me...our lives would be interesting to say the least. I am excited for our future in making memories to reflect upon. Thank you Alice for a wonderful life. I love you.
What a great 11 years and how about all that advice:) Congrats! Hope you have many more wonderful years ahead! Love you guys:)
Congratulations! Can you believe how quickly the time passes?
Isn't life wonderful being together and I love those wonderful grandkids...
Post a Comment