Monday, December 8, 2008

Tender Moments

I have been thinking this morning about some of the tender moments I have had as a mother. I am grateful for these moments, because they give me the strength to endure the many challenging ones.

*Carter recently told me that we should do away with our presents this year for Christmas and just spend our time thinking and talking about Jesus. I am sure that this 7 year old boy will soon forget...and desire his presents, but I will treasure his moment of thoughtfulness.

*Chloe has been really sweet lately when asked to help with small chores. She quickly responds with an enthusiastic "Sure!" and goes about to help. It makes me feel so happy to see her desire to serve. She is such a determined little hard worker. When she sets her mind to doing something, she goes full force.

*I was laying down with Mason for a nap and I started to sing "I Am a Child of God" to him. The next thing I know he is humming a sweet tune along with me. This is my sweet little boy who struggles with his speech. It was so tender to hear his precious voice.

*Josie recently turned one and I am in the process of weening her...which is always a sad time for me. It means my little babies are growing up. Josie has started to look up at me while nursing, raise her sweet little hand up to my face and start waving to me. It is precious...like she is telling me how much she loves me and is aware of our special bond.

I am grateful to be a mother. I love the opportunity to serve these very special little spirits in our home. I know they are not all mine, I have to share them with a loving Heavenly Father, but I will share, since he has blessed me with each and every one of them.

I want them to know how much I truly treasure all the memories I have with them.

4 comments:

Matt said...

sweet. That brings tears to my eyes. It is sometimes difficult to notice those sweet moments in our lives when we are overcome with our "tasks". I am grateful for you sharing those. It triggers me to pay close attention to those moments to bring a smile to my life too. love you.

jalynn said...

What sweet kids you have. It is a reflection on what a fabulous mom you are...good job!

Shannon said...

WOW, what great things to remember, sometimes it is so sad how busy life gets and you don't get to enjoy all those little moments as much. thanks for sharing.

Rebekah said...

Brought tears to my eyes too. I have been thinking lately how blessed I am to be a mother and to know that it's such a precious and important job, not just something to be endured. I am thankful for all the good examples of mother's in my life and you are one at the top of my list.