Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bug

I have a nickname for my love. When we first got married I referred to Alice as my "Love Bug". As the years have progressed I have abreviated it to just "Bug". I just want to make a quick post and tell Alice that she is a special part of my life. She is a large part of who I am today. She makes me want to be better. She helps me realize my strengths and encourages me to improve on my "not so" strengths. She is a beautiful person, wife and mother. Someday I will post my first impressions of her...but for now, I love her eternally.

I love you Bug!

2 comments:

The Ballard Family said...

Okay, Matt, that was a great post. So sweet.
And, to tell you the truth, I always wondered where 'bug' came from! Mason and I used to argue...
"He said bud!"
"No, I swear, he calls her bug!"
"No, I really think it's bud."
"No, that makes it sound like he's talking to a twelve-year-old boy."
"Well, that is what he's saying. why would he say bug? That doesn't make any sense."
"Things of the heart don't have to make sense!"
"...What's wrong with you?..."
Haha, something like that...
Alice, I absolutely LOVE the post about the day Matt "stole" the keys. I related to every word you said. I'm so glad you shared that story! You are such an awesome mom to just pick up and figure something out...while being honest that you feeling a million emotions at once and DARN IT, you are allowed to! :)
Isn't it funny how the smallest situations can be so huge? Well, someday we'll be out of the trenches and able to REALLY laugh about these things!
Loved the Thanksgiving pictures too.

Shannon said...

What a nice post Matt! I love your nickname for Alice:)