Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine

Since I didn't get my wife flowers for Valentines day, I would like to give her some here.

So, Alice had her version of our Valentine evening. I promise, my version will be shorter. I must confirm that she is exact with the description. I am normally impatient when it comes to waiting for hours to eat. This night was different. I was just thrilled to be with her. I just love being with her. When you are with your best friend, what more do you want - right? Many days go by and we rarely get to just be together. There is always something distracting or demanding our attention. I feel we have a common bond that gives us security in our friendship and marital relationship. I have really put our family in a long and exhausting travel of life. Trying to lead our family has not been an easy thing to do. I know that without Alice being my cheerleader, my confidant, my support, and my friend, life would be very difficult to endure. She may disagree with me, but she really is the most essential person in my (our home) life. I wish I could write in words the love I have for her...I am an artist, not an author! With that being said, it will preface my poem I wrote for her...forgive me if it is innacurate or doesn't follow literary or rythmic laws. Here goes:


Laughter invites investigation
Harmonious familiarities
Your presence captures my soul
I surrender my loyalty to the One

Frequent encounters
Eye to eye contacts
Stimulating heartbeats
Forsaken feelings

Letters of friendship
Anticipation for arrival
Distant flights
Finally home

Anxious proposals
On bended knee
Security
Best friends
Love

Eternity is Ours


I love you Alice.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Matt...what more can I say? I love you! That poem was perfect.

Zonnie said...

An artist both in eye and in mind.