The BYU Young Ambassadors came to visit Rio Rancho, New Mexico. A sign-up sheet for Host Families was sent around the Relief Society in our ward. I decided to sign-up thinking it would be fun for the kids. At first they didn't need us to host, but at the last minute they had some families cancel and so they asked if we would be willing. We were excited, but besides me, no one was really sure what they were all about. Matt took Carter and Chloe and looked them up on the internet. http://pam.byu.edu/similarpage.asp?title=Young%20Ambassadors They watched a few of the songs and got excited to see who would be the ones to stay with us. Silently, they each picked their favorites.As the day of the show arrived, we found a babysitter for Mason and Josie, while the rest of us went off to be entertained. We sat in the balcony and had a great view of the performers. Carter was glued to his chair and didn't utter a word...I often wondered if he was even enjoying himself. Chloe played musical chairs a little bit, but loved the singing and dancing. I think she is an aspiring Young Ambassador. :) The show was wonderful and we had many highlights to the afternoon. One of Matt and my favorites was "Defying Gravity" from the Musical Wicked. It was really incredible. I really liked Unwritten also. The theme was "The New Music Makers" and they sang songs from several eras. Matt said it was a life changing experience for him...he had never seen anything like this. (I seriously need to get him out more often!!) Too bad he wasn't around to witness us in Madrigals. :) Just kidding!
Anyway, the night was lots of fun. As we left the show, feeling inspired, we asked the kids what their favorite parts were. Chloe liked when they sang Mamma Mia and Dancing Queen. Carter said his favorite part was the girl in the red and blue dress from Act 1. I wasn't sure who he was referring to, but Matt said it was the girl they had seen on the internet. We talked about who they hoped would come stay with us. Any guesses who Carter hoped for? You'd be right...the girl in the blue and red dress. (I must mention that during intermission Carter was very studiously studying the program.) Chloe said that she hoped for several of the girls, including the one with blonde curly hair.
Well, we got home and then had to wait several hours before we could pick them up and bring them home...they had another show to perform. Carter and Chloe wanted to wait up to go with daddy to pick them up. Anyway, they eventually fell asleep and when Matt came home from picking up the girls...any guesses who he brought with him? We were assigned the girl in the blue and red dress (which was also the girl that he had watched on the internet days prior) and the girl with the blonde curly hair! We couldn't believe that it worked out so great for the kids. We went to bed knowing that the kids were going to be ecstatic!
Since we have afternoon church, we all slept in. When Carter woke up I asked him if he wanted to know who daddy brought home. I told him it was Dani and Annie. (I know...too cute!) He seemed a little disappointed and said, "Oh, I was hoping for Frogley." I grabbed the program to look and see who Frogley was...after verifying the name and I asked him to tell me what Frogley's whole name was. He read Danielle Frogley and then got an enormous smile on his face. He wasn't the same the rest of the weekend. Shall we say, a little "girl crazy!" He is so shy that he was embarrassed to even be near her, but all could tell that he was a pretty happy boy. Chloe was just as thrilled to have Annie in our home. She didn't leave her alone or her side the whole weekend. Thankfully the bathroom door had a lock on it. :) Annalece Boothe was the daughter of the director and so we felt extra special to have her. :) So, here are a few pictures of our new friends.
Chloe soaking up the love from Annie. She has a new hero.
These were their cute church outfits. They said they have matching outfits everywhere they go.
Mason was laying on the kitchen table enjoying himself, while Dani was running her hands through his hair. By the time I got the camera, he realized we were giggling about him and he turned around embarrassed.
Chloe posing with her new hero. (Annie knows Charpay from High School Musical!!) Notice the TV in the background. High School Musical was playing because Dani was in the 1st and 3rd movies. Wow, to be associated with 2 people familiar with our very own HSM stars! This is really big! :)



4 comments:
What a fun weekend! I can't believe the kids got the girls they wanted to come...How fun... One day my grandkids will be the performers. What great pictures of all of you! Carter, you know a pretty girl when you see her????
I ALWAYS wanted to be a young ambassador when I was growing up. I would dream about all the things I would sing and dance. :) I did have a room mate and mission comp that was one though and I would live vicariously through her. How fun for your kids to have some "famous" people live with them for a weekend.
Alice! I love this! It made me tear up! I miss the kids so much! We had SO SO SO MUCH FUN at your house! It was one of our favorite memories of tour! We still talk about it! Can I take the pictures from this blog and print them out/etc?
Definately! I was going to email them to you, but if it is easier to just copy them from the blog that is fine.
Post a Comment