Tuesday, November 18, 2008

To Dance

Well, for those of you who don't know this about me...I LOVE TO DANCE! I danced 11 years of my youth. I even danced at Ricks College both years while I was there and received a very small dance scholarship. Matt and I have never gone dancing together, just to be chaperones at youth stake dances. The other night we went with a few friends to learn some groovy ballroom dance moves. It was a great time! I can't believe I didn't get any pictures. I guess I was too caught up in the moment of dancing with my true love and thinking about my perma-smile causing aching in my cheeks. :) Matt started out with 2 left feet, but soon became quite good. I think with some serious practice, we might be able to compete on Dancing with the Stars. :) JUST KIDDING! No, it was fun to spend the evening with Matt dancing and remembering how much happiness it gives me. It is good therapy to a depressing economy and hard times during life. I think Matt and I are going to find more times to dance, even if it is just with the kids in the privacy of our own home. :) We love to dance around as a family! I am smiling just thinking about it!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I am smiling just thinking about YOU smiling while you dance!!! That sounds so fun!

Shannon said...

That sounds soo fun. I'm glad you got to go out dancing with Matt! You guys should keep it up:)

Becky said...

I forgot you love to dance. That does sound like fun. We do a lot of "family dancing" in our house. The girls love it!

Christina said...

I found your other blog!! It is so cute!I loved this post. You guys are amazing!! I can just see your family dancing around. Conan actually promised to take dancing lessons with me so we have just been waiting for the day when we have time!! The problem with us is that we have four left feet. But we still dance just not in public...yet...dancing with the stars could be in our future! Have a great day!:)

Rochelle said...

Alice! My mom sent me links to all of my favorite cousins blogs. It's been way too long! I can't believe how much I'm missing all of you just by looking at you and your cute families! I think the last time I saw you was at Margie's wedding... can that be right? Crazy.

Anyway, your children are adorable. And reading the dancing story reminded me of how truly stunning your smile is! You have always been such a positive person, always looking at the bright side of things. I'll always admire you for that.

I hope you don't mind if I check in on you every now and then. If I can't see you in person, a blog is the next best thing.

Love you!

--Chelle

P.S. We have one too... www.thewildefamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That's one thing I miss, Alice. Dancing with you are some of the best times of my life! Lance and I will go dancing with you two. Lance is a great dancer too! How much fun will that be!