We had a hard time getting him to commit to what he wanted to do for his birthday. As the week went by and his big day got closer, he kept giving me little glimpses of what he wanted. One day he came home from school and said something about who he was inviting to his party. I questioned him about what party and what we were going to do at his party...because I didn't have a party planned for his friends. I finally discussed with him that we would have a "friend" party for every even birthday...and since this was an odd birthday, we would just have a family party. (That seemed like a good idea considering our budget is pretty slim.)
Carter wanted a Clone Wars Party. So, Matt made him a light-saber cake out of twinkies, ding-dongs and oreos. It was pretty neat and Carter was excited. Matt was gone on a campout that morning, so when he got home, we went to a sandwich shop for lunch, let Carter pick out a game boy game from the video game store, and gave him his new bike. He thought it ended up being a pretty good day. I was glad, because all morning he was disappointed that he hadn't woke up to all kinds of presents. (Apparently he must think birthdays should be like Christmas!) Everyone who called and asked him what he was doing for his birthday, received a disappointing response that he wasn't going to do anything for his birthday.



2 comments:
You guys are so awesome and creative. I love the cake idea. WOW, isn't it crazy how fast they are all growing. Looks like you had fun:)
What a great cake, Carter! Wish I was there to eat that! How fun!
Post a Comment