Sunday, November 30, 2008
Going Home for Christmas
My mom is moving back into her home in Idaho and we are all so excited. After my parents divorce, she moved to Arizona to be closer to her only grandkids, at the time. Well after many amazing experiences with the passing of my father, she is moving home to Idaho. (I know it sounds odd to say amazing and death in the same sentence, but those of you who have lost a loved one close to you, know that death can be an amazing experience.) My dad had a goal this year to "put his family back together" and he has passed away doing just that. He left his life insurance for my mom, providing a way for her to be able to purchase their home, our home where we grew up. It is the home and land that was given to my mom from her parents when my parents were first married. There are so many neat experiences through it all, and I know that this is exactly what my dad wanted her to do. I feel so much peace knowing that through the Savior's atonement, our families can be healed. I am happy to say that I believe families are forever. We are excited to be going "home" for Christmas, yet saddened that we can't "see" dad's presence there. I know it will be felt.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
that is so wonderful that your mom is moving back to her house! i'm so happy for your family!!!
i still vividly remember the move.
That is awesome. I am really happy for you all.
What a beautifully written blog. You have such a wonderful way with words. I can't wait to go home!!!
WOW, what an awesome thing to happen. I'm really happy for G'lenn and your family. How fun. Maybe we can come to Twin Falls and see you guys for a little bit. Let me know!
Post a Comment