Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Dear Dad

Life sometimes throws us into a whirlwind and we wonder how we will ever get out. As I have found myself sorting through my emotions and am beginning to see my life around me, I am forever changed. On Monday October 13, 2008 I received a phone call that my dad had passed away due to a massive heart attack, while walking along the canal near his home in Twin Falls, Idaho. After spending over a week in Idaho planning and carrying out his funeral, I have gained a peace and comfort stronger than I have ever felt.
I have spent many hours creating a blog to remember him and to help others get to know him. My family and I want to remember the legacy that he has left with us. We will continue to post stories, thoughts, pictures and whatever else we feel inclined to, to help pass his legacy to his posterity. He left behind 9 grandchildren all under the age of 6, who we have a responsiblity to acquaint with him.
I have neglected my blog in order to start his and if you want to find me, look here...
I love my dad and I am so grateful for the love he has shown me throughout my life. He is a good hard working man that never gives up. I have felt his presence and I know that he is happy and at peace in his life. His story has a happy ending...I am sure of it. One thing I feel even stronger is that the Savior lives and loves each of us. He is there to bring us home.

This is how I know my dad best...his happiest times in God's green country.

This was part of the beautiful floral arrangement at my dad's funeral.

The canal behind our home in Twin Falls, Idaho, near the place where he graduated.

Miss you Dad!



3 comments:

Zonnie said...

Our hearts go out to you and your family Alice. Your dad was truley amazing. His character is evident in the quality of his children. He will truley be missed. May Heavenly Father bless each of your family members in their own way to feel peace in this time of trial.
We love you.

Shannon said...

My heart if full right now Alice. Your family was so great to me and I'll always remember the fun memories we have shared. I'm so sorry to hear of your dad's passing, but I know that peacful feeling you have, because I have had it myself many times. What a neat thing you are doing for your kids to remember Him by. Call me if you ever need to talk. I love you guys and I'm always a listening ear!

Karen said...

Oh - Alice. I am so sorry to hear your news. What a hard thing. My Dad passed five years ago, and I still remember those feelings. Aren't we grateful for the Plan and for the Gospel! I love you, and know that my heart feels for you!