Monday, March 28, 2011

Mason's Snow Man

This morning we woke up to snow.  It was the first day back to school from "Spring Break."  It seemed more like it was a "welcome back to winter" day, but none-the-less, Mason was anxious to get out and play in the snow after Carter and Chloe left for school.  He bundled himself from head to toe and set out without saying a word to me.  At one point I looked out the window and saw his little red coat busy at work.  He was gathering handfuls of snow to throw and eat.  After playing a while, he came in and asked me for some buttons because he had made a snowman.  When we went to the window for him to show me what he had made, he was sorely disappointed to see that the dogs, "Popeye and Percy" had urinated on his snowman after knocking it over.  (What mean, bully dogs they are!)  I tried to encourage him to "make a new one" which after looking at his devastated face, I realized this was not a good suggestion.  Mason looked up at me and said, "I can't because they will just pee on it too."  End of story.  His snowman building was over.
Poor little Mason!  I hope he recovers.



No comments: