"Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us...Mother is the word that will define a righteous woman made perfect in the highest degree of the celestial kingdom, a woman who has qualified for eternal increase in posterity, wisdom, joy, and influence."
~ Sheri Dew
We received the above quote and a piece of pie at the end of church today.
I am grateful to be a mother. I am grateful for the spilled milk, the constant chattering, the never-ending piles of laundry and dishes. I am grateful for the many unfinished projects, the fingerprints covering the glass and walls, the stench of dirty diapers, the tantrums and the tiny lego pieces scattering the floor. I am grateful for the warmth of getting wet-on early in the morning, because it means the kids have found safety and comfort near me during the night. I am grateful for scribbles I find in my brand new books, for dents in the furniture and broken dishes. I am grateful for the weed flowers specially picked just for me, the family portraits drawn displaying family's are special and for love notes posted on my computer screen.
I am grateful for millions of happenings during each day, because it means I am a Mother and I am living my childhood dreams. I am becoming what my Father in Heaven wants me to become and I am becoming more like my own mother who sacrificed so much of her own life interests to help me become me. What an honor and priviledge it is to be given the responsiblity and title of Mother.
Happy Mother's Day to my dear mother.



No comments:
Post a Comment