I have officially taken a leap into making the girls homemade dresses. I have a friend who has been making them and she has inspired me, so here is my first attempt. I must say, I was pretty pleased with how cute they turned out.
Since, I don't have much experience sewing clothes, other than a little Dorothy dress I made for Chloe to wear Halloween 2005 (thanks Krystal for the help!) I wanted to start simple. The pattern was extremely easy and seemed like I was quilting! I love to quilt and I am pretty good at sewing quilt tops...although no where near perfect! Since it was my first attempt, I didn't want to spend any money on fabric in case my sewing turned out pretty hideous, so I pulled out some old fabric, of course left over from quilting!
Once the few pieces of fabric were put together, I purchased elastic for the bodice (I hope that's what it is called) and a big flower for the center front. I spent a total of $5 for both dresses. Oops...did I just admit that I was frugal? Reflecting on my frugal post, I want to be frugal...I just don't want to "look" frugal! Is there a difference? I believe so!
Hollywood, here comes Josie!
Sweet Chloe put the dress on twice, but considering the fact she cried both times, I now understand she doesn't like the dresses because they look little girlish...and she is a little young lady! Thank you Chloe for at least putting it on long enough for a picture.
I guess this is a first and last time for the girls to wear matching dresses.



No comments:
Post a Comment