Good Morning Spring Break!
This is what we woke up to this beautiful spring morning of March! SNOW!
How grateful we are to live in New Mexico, where it melts by noon and this time, didn't come back the rest of the week...although it was quite cold on and off. Here are some of the fun adventures the kids and I had while celebrating their spring vacation!
It took a couple days for us to get in the swing of things. The kids didn't want to help with the household responsibilities because they were "on vacation." I agreed that yes, they were "on vacation," but I wasn't...my chores continued and actually multiplied with all of them home during the day. We finally came up with a solution after a couple miserable days. We all agreed to work together to get the household chores done and in doing so, we would have the afternoons to play and have fun. It worked out beautifully once we all got the hang of it. Our first adventure, was a bike ride to the park with a picnic lunch.
The next day was a roller blading adventure after lunch...which we somehow didn't get pictures of...?
Then on Friday, daddy suprised us and took the day off. We went to the zoo for a wild adventure. We took a picnic lunch and our jackets...well everybody but mamma...somehow she forgot hers! It happened to be the coldest day of the week and after shivering all through our wind-blown lunch, we ran to seek cover amongst the rainforest...but it stunk sooooo bad that Chloe was on the verge of throwing up...and we couldn't take her whining anymore! So, we sought refuge amongst the snakes, which was the same idea half the other zoo-attenders had as well. The Snake exhibit wasn't nearly long enough for Carter, but plenty long enough for the rest of us. Since we have a soon-to-expire zoo pass, we decided to go to the Aquarium which is all indoors. At least the flamingos were beautiful at the zoo!
Here is Mason looking at the snakes. Fuzzy picture...
but I kinda like it!
Here we are running into the Aquarium to escape the rain.
Mamma is slyly using Josie's baby blanket to keep herself warm...yes, I was going to shiver to death! I was NOT enjoying myself because I was so cold! I can't believe I forgot my jacket! Matt could not stop laughing at me, while he wore his shorts! It is supposed to be Spring! That's why they call it "Spring Break!"
The Albuquerque Aquarium really is neat. It is on the smaller side, but very nice. We spent a great deal of time watching the sharks and the scuba divers clean out the inside of the large shark tanks. No, there were not any attacks that we saw that day!
Just a few young sailers....
Checking out the Stingrays. They are really huge!
I believe Mason is playing his "Air" Guitar...he is really good at it!
What a fun Spring Break. We all enjoyed our time as a family and look forward to Summer Break!



No comments:
Post a Comment