Our family loves homemade bread...but what family doesn't!?! I found this recipe while living in Arizona, and it is our favorite kind of all. We use 100% Whole Wheat, ground straight from the wheat kernel. It is delicious straight out of the oven, with homemade apple butter, or homemade jams (of all flavors)!
It usually makes about 4 loaves...any guesses where the 4th loaf went?
Here is the recipe:
These amounts are for a Bosch mixer.
5 cups warm water
2 T. yeast
1/2 cup honey or sugar
2/3 cup oil
2 T. salt
5 cups whole wheat flour
Place ingredients in mixer in order, and mix for a couple of minutes. Add 5 more cups of whole wheat flour and mix. Add 1-2 more cups of flour if needed, until dough cleans itself from sides of bowl, probably 5-6 minutes. Put the dough in another bowl and let it rise until double in size. Shape into 4 loaves and place in bread pans. Let rise again on top of preheating oven. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check inner temp-should be 180. (I usually skip this step.) Cool on cooling rack.



2 comments:
Mmmm I just found a wheat grinder in the kitchen at our church. It is the exact model that my mom has. I asked if it was for anyone to use and they told me yep. I am so excited to use up some of this wheat we have in our basement. I used to make all of our bread before Maddie came along. I am ready to get back into it.
It's been a long time since I came over to see what you guys have been up to. Looks like you are keeping quite busy and happy, as usual. Working hard, as usual. I miss you guys.
Your kids are growing up so much and I love seeing the things they are involved in...school, soccer, etc.
I can't wait to try this bread recipe. I always seem to find ones that involve so many ingredients! A Bosch is on my Christmas list, so we shall see if I get to attempt it soon!
You're awesome, Alice.
Post a Comment