Friday, October 31, 2008

Special Drawings to remind me to smile

I have been feeling a little discouraged lately with so much going on in life lately. Yesterday after putting Josie down for an afternoon nap, I told the kids I needed a little bit of "mommy time" so that I could regroup and take charge of my thoughts and emotions. I knew Matt was on his way home and it would only be a few minutes of alone time, so I asked the kids to stay out of my room so I could be alone. Here is what they gave me when I re-surfaced...This is a little picture Chloe made at the beginning of preschool this year. She told me that whenever I need to feel loved I need to look at this picture. She always brings it to me when I am upset or angry and she wants me to know that she loves me. She is absolutely precious.
Carter brings me this adorable picture that he spent drawing, coloring, cutting and gluing while I was in my "quiet time." It really made me feel "special" when he gave it to me. It is nice to know that the kids are getting older and are able to start expressing their concern and love. Carter is too cute for words. :)

If you can't read what Carter wrote he said "Mommy is speshel (special) because she does our chors (chores)."


3 comments:

Zonnie said...

Awww. What thoughtful children you have Alice. They are truley a reflection of their mother.

Shannon said...

What cute kids. It is so great that they can make you feel special. Sorry you had a rough day though, I hope things are looking brighter for ya. I love the pictures:)

Julie said...

It is all worth it when they do things like that:) I hope you are feeling better.