This week the kids were off school for a few days for Fall Break so we decided to go visit Memaw, Uncle Travis, Aunt Rebekah and cousins Spencer, Drew and Bria in Flagstaff, Arizona. We mostly went to hang out and do nothing in particular, so it is amazing that I was able to get so many pictures, and NOT be able to sort out only a "few" of my favorites. I have a hard time choosing which pictures to post when I have so many cute ones. Kids are too cute, so how do you ever decide. Anway, here are the kids eating dinner after we arrived. What a momentous occasion to remember...Shepherds Pie and Salad. :)
The next day we went for a short walk downtown Flagstaff. There really wasn't anything exciting to photograph, so I started taking pictures of the kids and came up with way too many pictures to choose from. This first picture was taken when we passed this little bench. Chloe said, "looks like a Queen and a King chair" and then sat down on it. I had to take the opportunity for a quick pic of Chloe and Spencer.
Then we found ourselves in the square area...forgot what it was called and the kids all wanted to climb up on these little rock pillars. Another cute picture with the mural in the background.
Oh, the fun to be had as a child.
Even the little boys Drew and Mason had to take their turn going from pillar to pillar.
All the while, sweet Bria and Josie sat quietly in their strollers. Bria is so precious.
Then the kids found these fancy little hand rails. They worked great keeping people steady as they walked down the 6 inch stairs and luckily we didn't see anyone fall. The kids had great imaginations when deciding what these little green contraptions were. Nonetheless, they were very fun to climb on. 
Here, Josie has a great idea...
Yes, a little airplane seat...

...or some kind of seat for a new traveling contraption. Whatever it was...there was serious concentration while driving, or flying, or sliding.
Then the kids found this fun rock-water fountain.
And the really fun climbing ramp...
and they climbed over and over...
and over again...children of all sizes...
...with a little help from Memaw.
Later that evening we had a slumber party at Memaw's watching a movie.
The next morning it was "dress up Josie" time.
Let's see how many necklaces she can wear at once, without weighing her down.
She obviously didn't mind the extra attention.
The most fun was to be had Friday morning...going to chop wood.
Can he chop it??? Yes he can!
The kids sitting down for a great show.
Passing out the "nerds"
Big Cheeze.
Deciding to help pack the wood.
Chloe, the great logging girl.
Carter packing his share.
The little girls wishing they could get out and help, or just enjoying the chance to relax.
Bria little princess.
Drew and his gloves...I think they were too small. We couldn't find the big pair.
Mason happy to be helping.
The wood was perfect size for these little helpers.
Look at those strong boys...making daddy proud.
Wow, what great kids...they were really great helpers.
Finally lunch time.
Mason getting a little territorial with the others.
And the work was so much fun, there wasn't too much time spent on eating the sandwiches. They really were great Rebekah!
The best fun was still to be had...after all their hard work, they found a "little fort" in the middle of the wilderness...
It was time to gather some "pine-cone" food.
The fort provided a bit of shelter from the wind and other elements.
Peeking through the door of the fort. Oh, to be a kid again and soak up all the wild adventure out in the world. Here is the logging gang after a job well done.
Then it was the sad day to travel home back to New Mexico. The kids always hate leaving family and all their cousins. But they were excited to get home and see daddy again.
Here's the crazy lady that drove 5 hours without stopping, so she didn't have to drag 4 kids out and into the restroom in one load. Thankfully we had lots of snacks and didn't have the need to get out anywhere. The kids slept a lot of the way, so that was a really great blessing. It is always fun to spend time with family. Thanks everyone for putting up with all of us for a few days. We loved it and had a really great time!

...or some kind of seat for a new traveling contraption. Whatever it was...there was serious concentration while driving, or flying, or sliding.



3 comments:
I wish I could have been there!!!! Unfortunately, I had other obligations I couldn't miss. I am glad everyone had a great time. I sure missed them!!!
I loved reading about your trip. What fun you had. Isn't it amazing the imaginations kids have. I love it and I love all your pictures:0)
I don't know if you will remember me but after you and Matt were married. You were my laurel advisor. I can't believe how much your family has grown! Your kids are soooo cute! If you want to visit my blog send me your email at bloginvite@hotmail.com
Cindy
Post a Comment