Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Am...Matt

After persistent questioning about when is it "his" turn...I am now going to interview Matt for his session of "I AM." He must be thinking about all the funnies he is going to share. So, without further delay, here goes....




I am . . . strong, a dad, a husband, an artist, a chef, a lover - no don't put that, a wrestler, a teddy bear.
I think . . . too much. Um, I think about who I am and who I need to be.

I know . . . I am weak without my family.

I want . . . to help people.

I have . . . the priviledge of providing for my family.

I wish . . . I could go fishing.

I hate . . . to see others struggle.

I miss . . . my brother Mason. (He was killed in a car accident 3 years ago.)
I fear . . . losing my family.
I feel . . . determined to be successful and reach my goals. (He is well on his way.)

I love . . . to make people laugh. (And he does a great job of it I must add.)

I hear . . . Alice's beautiful laugh and Chloe's sweet singing voice.

I smell . . . food. (always! and I will be forever grateful that he awoke my tastebuds to a better life!)

I search . . . for everything because I am not organized. (You can say that again! That's why he married me, so I could follow him around and find things in the places he "already looked.")

I wonder . . . when this world will end.

I regret . . . NOT living my life, as a youth, to the fullest.

I care . . . genuinely for everyone, especially those who are in need or suffering.

I always . . . go to sleep at night in a matter of minutes. (His snoring is usually the first clue that he is asleep. I will be talking to him and he will start snoring...then I ask him if he is asleep and he will say no. I don't believe him.)

I am not . . . a redneck. (At least he is trying not to be. Just kidding.)

I believe . . . in other's potential.

I dance . . . to make the kids laugh. (He doesn't dance enough!)

I sing . . . because I like to even though I don't sing well. (He is so modest...he has a beautiful voice!)

I don't always . . . live up to my potential. (He is way too hard on himself! He is a great man.)

I write . . . in my journal about once a year. (At least he writes once a year...I haven't written in a decade probably!)

I win . . . at losing! Because if everyone is trying to win at winning, someone will always be disappointed for not winning. However, I try to lose cause no one wants to lose, therefore I win at losing. (This is his philosophy that he always shares with our friends when we play card games. He is sticking to his philosophy, even though he is very good at winning if he wants to. Mostly he wants others to win so they feel good about themselves. I can't count the times he has seen my hand of cards (cheater) and puts down cards that will help me advance in the game!)

I lose . . . at winning! See previous comment.

I never . . . give up. (Therefore he will succeed in this life!)

I listen . . . to my inner-self coach.

I read . . . a little of a lot of books. (It must be enough because he knows a lot of things and sometimes I question him about where he learns everything he knows...he still baffles me!)

I am happy about . . . the good choices I have made in my life and the growing experiences of the bad choices I have made, to get me where I am at today.

Matt's answers didn't suprise me. He described himself very well. He thinks and ponders a lot about who he is and worries if he is doing enough for everyone else. I believe that his self esteem is built upon service to others. When he gives all he has to help others, he feels satisfied and successful. He loves to be the life of the party and usually is because he thoroughly enjoys seeing others laugh and be happy. It has nothing to do with pride and "wanting" others to look up at him. He is a leader in the way that he leads. He radiates a positive energy that attracts people to be around him. Others feel a real sense of love and concern when around him. As I look at my life with Matt, I can think of so many people who have looked to him as a parental, father figure, leader role in their lives. He is definately a perfect match for me. He helps balance out all of my quirkiness and brings joy and happiness to my life. I love you Matt! Thanks for choosing me!


1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a fun idea, I might have to steel it from ya. That is, when I start blogging again:) It was great to read about Matt, he is such a good guy!