Ok, so I have been tagged by my good friend Shannon. This will be fun. I am supposed to write 6 quirks about myself. The hardest part about this tag is that I have WAY more than 6 quirks, so I will have to think hard about minimizing my list to only 6. I won't ask Matt for help because he will get started and not be able to stop rattling off all of my many quirks. :) So, here goes...
1.) Crooked pictures on walls drive me CRAZY! I have an eye for leveling and when things are not level, I go in sane. Matt, on several occassions, has hung chair rail on bedroom walls and on several occassions I have walked into the room and told him that it is crooked. He tells me that his level says it is level, but I tell him that he has to rip it off because it will drive me crazy every time I walk into the room. He now knows that I will not back down and frustratedly takes it down to redo it. Poor guy...I really put him through a lot.
2.) I have this really annoying counting thing that I do with my fingers. Usually I don't know that I am doing it because it has become such a part of me. Someone asked me what I was doing the other day and I had no idea what they were talking about until they pointed it out.
3.) I am an extremely organized person (although it doesn't seem like it with 4 kids disorganizing me) and I have to have all my dresser drawers neat and tidy. I even cleaned out Matt's "junk drawer" that I swore I wasn't going to clean again because he needed one space that was "his" and he kept messing it up. This morning after looking in his drawer, he said "That's why I married you because you can take something as chaotic and disorganized as me and refine it."
4.) My daughter Chloe has a very small bladder so we have been in every restroom of every store. When we find ourselves alone and there is good music playing, we love to dance around and shake a rug. :) If the music is really good, we will just dance in the stall so nobody can see us. :)
5.) I prefer to not wear shoes in the house. I also prefer not to walk on dirty floors. Since I am not able to keep the floor spotless these days, I wear socks or flipflops so I can't feel the grime. When I start to stick I know it is time to mop. :)
6.) I am an early bird. I like to get up early. The problem comes when I like to be a night owl too. I love the peace of the morning and the late nights...so I am usually exhausted, because I can't be both.
There you have it. Those are the tip of the iceberg on my quirky quirks! So, now I tag:
1.) Danielle
2.) Becky
3.) Julie
4.) Kristi
5.) Sara
6.) Memaw
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Well...Well...Well, I must stand up for myself. Even though my junk drawer is chaotic, I do know what is in there and where it is. Alice and I have discussed on other occasions what our grade school desk cubbies looked like. You would guess Alice's was neat and orderly. Mine on the other hand you would be lucky to shove a piece of paper in it. So, even though Alice does have a quirky organization quirk, maybe even obsessive compulisive disorder at times, I still love her. You go girl!
Yes, and you just might need all those candy wrappers and notes that you scribbled on wrinkled receipts...I will keep you still...maybe you need a blog so I could have tagged you to write about all 6 of your quirks! :)
Ha, Ha, Ha! I love it. Thanks for telling us about your quirks. It is so fun reading about other people's. You guys crack me up though!
Post a Comment