Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Matt

Today is the birthday of The Greatest Dad in the World!!!

Everyone shout hooray!!!

As soon as Matt walked in the door from work, the kids tackled him to the ground and started giving him his birthday spankings while singing Happy Birthday.  We all counted each spanking...
One, Two, Three....Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen...
Twenty-Four, Twenty-Five, Twenty-Six,
Thirty-Seven, Thirty-Eight, Thirty-Nine...
Matt interrupts us and asks, "How high are you counting?" reminding us that we had
exceeded his age limit by 5 years!  Oops!
Josie excluded herself from the fun, not sure she liked the idea of everyone spanking daddy!
He really got 3 times as many spankings as he should have, I guess catching up for all
the years we forgot to spank him!
We made one of Daddy's favorite meals. Parmesan Chicken with Pasta Salad and lots of fruits and veggies.  He led the kids in a series of "Hooray's & Yeah's" for who knows what, but it was keeping everyone entertained before dinner was ready.
He was thrilled to be sung to again before blowing out his single candle, representing his new age...  This year he wanted a lemon cheesecake instead of cake.  I think we are having an "I'm getting tired of cake" year. 
At least Matt and I are. 
What a handsome Daddy!
Ok, maybe I spoke too soon.  :)
I think he is making a good wish...I hope it comes true for him.
Here are the cards the kids made for him.  We pulled out the markers and stamps and the kids had a great time making special cards for their favorite man in the world.  They were precious and from the heart.
This yellow one is from Chloe and it was too precious.  It says,
"Dear Dad, I love you because you are cute."
Happy Birthday Matt!

We know that you are another year wiser!

No comments: