Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mason's First Talk

Mason is a Sunbeam this year!!!  He is so excited to be going to Primary finally, although he is sad to not be in nursery anymore with Josie.  (Actually their nursery class was so big that they divided it into 2 classes which separated Mason and Josie several months ago.  He wasn't too happy about not being with Josie anymore, but when I asked the teacher what her reasoning was in separating the 2, she said it was because Mason always came to the rescue of his sister.  She said he didn't have much restraint when it came to protecting her.) 

He had the great opportunity of giving his first talk, first thing in the year!  :)  He gets very shy talking to people, so I wondered how he would do.  He kept telling me, "I won't be shy, Mom."  And he wasn't.  He did a really great job and wanted Daddy to help him. 

This is what he said,

"Jesus Christ is my Savior and my Redeemer.  I love Him and He loves me.  I will live my life to be like Him and follow His example."

He held up a picture of Jesus holding a little boy on his  lap and Mason told us the little boy was him.  He was so cute with his little suit on standing at the pulpit.  You could barely see him.  Oh, my little man is growing right up!

1 comment:

G'Lenn said...

I can just see that big smile as he holds up the picture. I am very proud of you.