Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bloody Noses and Bandaids

Josie has recently discovered that she can climb out of her crib. When I tell her it is nap time, or bedtime, she will say to me, "Me, get out my cib." I reply to this statement by telling her, "Then I will shut your door." Thankfully she can't figure out the child locks yet, so I have put one on the inside of her door so she will stay in her bed. (I don't mean for this to sound like child abuse, I just want her to know her boundary at bedtime and that she needs to stay in her bed.) Well, she knows the conversation well enough now that she tells me, "Me, get out my cib, shut my door." She is a quick learner.

Josie has also discovered how to dress herself. She does it often, changing her clothes many times a day, and coming up with some very interesting outfits. Her drawers are some of the very top of the dresser, so she has a system of getting to her clothes. She climbs up on Chloe's bed, then up on the footboard of the bed, then she hangs on to the dresser and opens up the drawer.
Well today, in her dressing up quest, she toppled over and made a loud crash. We didn't see exactly how she fell, but her nose began to bleed everywhere causing serious concern and worry from her older siblings. After everything was cleaned up, she laid on the couch for a little nap. Once waking up and feeling the crusty blood on her nose, she put her finger in her nose and saw the blood as she pulled it out. She cried that she needed a bandaid. Matt got her a pretty pink one and placed it on the top of her nose. She wore it the rest of the day and agreed it "felt better" with a bandaid.

I, of course, had to take a picture to remember this tender moment. As she posed for the picture, she demanded "I want to see it!" After looking at the picture she gasped, "Aaaahhhhh Biiiiiiiigg Nose!" So funny!

No comments: