Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Papa Bob

Today is my dad's birthday!  He would have been 57 today!  We celebrated his birthday by sharing some of his favorite foods.  We all hope that he enjoyed watching us celebrate his earthly life!

One of his favorite foods was Chicken Enchiladas.  He requested for me to make these for him on many occasions.  We also drank strawberry lemonade out of the Oreo Cookie mugs that Matt and I gave him for Christmas one year.  I would guess that he likes strawberry lemonade because he loves most everything else!  We didn't have any milk and oreo's or else we would have ate some for him.
This little tongue picture was too cute not to post.
The kids all enjoyed eating Papa Bob's birthday dinner.
I also ventured out to make Papa Bob's favorite...German Chocolate Cake.  I made it all from scratch, even the frosting.  It has 3 layers and was quite tasty.  It doesn't look so beautiful, but it was sweet.  My dad would always say, "It's the thought that counts."  So, I believe he must  have been pleased with my efforts.
Getting anxious to sing Happy Birthday.
And a united effort to blow out the candles!
What a fun birthday party for Papa Bob.  We love and miss you!  Hope your day was full of happiness!

No comments: