We started out on Saturday, the 29th, having a "Fancy Nancy Party" with several of her little friends from church, the neighborhood, and school. Mommy read the story of Fancy Nancy to all the girls so they could prepare to be "fancy."
way of saying sandals.
Of course we had to have decorative balloons for the party.
We even had two really great butlers helping serve us. Butler is a fancy way of saying waiter.
fancy necklaces and bracelets. (This cute little red-head is Hailey. She's a doll.)
These are two of Chloe's dear friends, Juliet and Kaitlynn.
Two of her new friends from church: Alaria and Hailey.
Then we ate pastries, parfaits, and frappe`s, of course those are fancy ways of saying cupcakes, ice cream and punch!
Chloe blowing out her candle...can't think of a fancy way to say that.
Opening all of her fancy presents.
What darling little girls.
They practiced drinking with their pinkies up too!
After the girls left and the party was over...we gave Chloe her birthday present from our family. New Roller blades! Wow, what a big suprise!
The kids spent a while outside riding bikes and roller blading. What a fun evening!
A few falls later and Chloe was doing really well. She took the falling with great humility.
And her positive attitude about life, kept her getting up for more.
Josie, thought we were still having the "fancy party." Isn't she a doll face? :)
We spoiled Carter with his early birthday present too. We thought it would be more fun to get them together so they could enjoy them the last couple months before winter.
He did great also, and seemed to discover new and improved ways to use them.
Later that evening, we continued the Balloon Fight Tradition that was started years ago in Arizona. These two love to balloon fight and there is always a pretty serious match.
Mason and Daddy joined in this year, and of course Josie and I wanted nothing to do with it! (I, because someone always has to take the pictures!)
The faces are dead give-aways!
Oh, for the love of the game!
Maybe with our eyes closed, we may not get hit...
...and the winner is??? The one with the last balloon.
On Chloe's actual birthday, Mommy made her some cake pops to take into her school class. They were a real hit with all of her friends and teachers. (Mommy was glad that they actually turned out this time. Thanks to a little bit of practice and patience!)
The faces are dead give-aways!
CHINESE! She was soooooooo excited!
We went with some friends that we have adopted as "Grandma & Grandpa Kunz." Grandpa Kunz has the same birthday as Chloe so they thought it would be fun to celebrate together...
and it was! We went over to their home after chinese and made homemade ice cream.
Everyone took a turn churning.

Carter turned it so fast, it was hard to get a clear picture!
And of course, Mason can't do anything without his smile!
Even Josie and Mommy helped!
What a fun birthday week! We had so many different celebrations that it seems like Chloe should be 16 by now. Thankfully, she is only 6, and a very mature 6 year old she is! We are so blessed to have Chloe in our family! She has so many gifts and talents that she so anxiously shares with all of us. If I could have 1/4 of her energy and vivatiousness, I could rope the moon. I will not be suprised if she does someday! She is growing into an amazing girl!



5 comments:
Alright, I need the recipe and tips for those cake pops. Those look really cool.
Happy Birthday Chloe!
6 already!?! She is such a sweet girl. It was fun reading about the celebration and seeing your fun family.
What a fun party! We LOVE Fancy Nancy around here. I didn't realize our daughters were so close in age. I loved the cupcake pops you made- I would love the recipe if you are willing to share! Your kids are dolls-and you look great! I also wanted to ask you how you feel about yor name- Alice is on my list of names for our soon-to-be little girl> Just wondering if you run into very many other Alice's or not. We are no where near deciding on a name and the due date is quickly approaching! Anyway- love to look at your blog and see your cute family!
Sara (sebingham78@gmail.com)
I just read Fancy Nancy for the first time last month. I love it! What an adorable party idea. You did a great job. I vote you post a tutorial about cake pops. They look so cute and delicious!
What a fun celebration week for Chloe. I can't believe she is six already either. WOW! What a doll and I loved reading about her party! You are so very creative! Hope all is well with you and your clan. Love ya!
Post a Comment