Saturday, September 12, 2009

Countdown to Christmas

In Relief Society my calling is the 2nd Counselor in the RS Presidency. I am over the Home Family and Personal Enrichment Program. In September, we had a Relief Society Activity with many different gift ideas for Christmas on a budget. It was a lot of fun and there were lots of really great ideas. It seems that because of economic times, there is a need to save money when we can. Here are some of the ideas that the ladies shared.

Candy Making & Chocolate Dipping
Christmas Box Activities
Quiet Book Ideas
Several 12 Days of Christmas Ideas

Fabric Cards and Ingredient Jars
Flavored Popcorn! Yummy!
Personalized Tile CoastersChristmas Story Countdown Books







I am getting excited to start preparing for Christmas. This activity really helped me start thinking about making gifts with feeling rather than just wasting money on things that really aren't necessary. I hope to get ready for Christmas soon, so that when December rolls around, I can really focus on the true meaning of Christmas and not get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

No comments: