Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Love To See the Temple

The other day, seemed to be a really hard day for me. I don't even remember what was going on, but I remember it was hard. I was very grouchy with the kids and it didn't help that they were making messes and refusing to clean up when asked. After I threw my own "mother tantrum" which seem to becoming more frequent...I sent to my room for a time-out. (Something I need to do more often!) Anyway, when I came out, I noticed on my computer desk this little note and picture from Carter, taped to the cabinet. The picture is the Albuquerque Temple and the note he wrote says, "I love to see the temple. From: Carter." I guess this was his way of letting me know he loves me, even in my weaknesses! I am grateful for the humbling experiences that come from being a parent. I heard once that having children is the Lord's way of keeping us from becoming too selfish. I tend to agree.

No comments: