Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt

Happy Birthday Matt!!!

This year I took the kids to the store so they could pick out daddy's birthday cake. I tried and tried to convince them of different cakes I knew Matt would like...but they refused to listen to me, because they just KNEW that Daddy would LOVE this Hamburger Cake!

Carter was so tickled when I agreed to get it. He kept laughing to himself as he pictured Matt trying to hold the cake up to his mouth like he was going to take a bite. Carter and Chloe fought about who was going to carry the cake throughout the rest of the trip through the store. It was a major big deal...this cake!

When we got home, it was still a couple days before Matt's birthday, and since the kids couldn't wait to get home with it...we ended up having to celebrate Matt's birthday immediately upon returning home. Thank you Matt for being such a great sport! I think this has been the most exciting birthday cake ever!Here is Matt posing for his picture...I hope it was as exciting as Carter had planned. :)
The kids also wanted him to pretend he was really eating his fries...

He likes!

Then, they all want a turn eating a fry.

Chloe grossed everyone out with ant in her mouth.

This picture was more of what Carter had imagined...He wanted the cake in his hands!

You can see the light in Carter's eyes...a little blurry.

Carter wanted a bite...

...and Chloe.

...then of course Mason...

...oops got some in her nose!!!

But Josie wouldn't have any of that mess! She preferred to eat hers civilized...cut into a piece, on a plate with a fork. She is quite the little lady.Happy Birthday Matt! We all love you and can't believe you are another year wiser! :)

1 comment:

Zonnie said...

You guys are so much fun!! I love the beautiful pictures with green grass in Idaho!! Refreshing for sure! Can we help with the water next time?? Way cute kiddos!

(So...tell us your secret...what kind of a camera are you using to get all of those fun artistic photos!!)