Wow, what a wonderful trip this was, to take the kids around my "hometown." We had taken Carter around when he was just a baby...less than 2 years old...so it seemed like the first time for all of them. These pictures are a little backwards since these last few blogs are going along with "Summer Vacationing" and our trip to Utah. We ended our trip in Twin Falls. So, I guess it is ok, to start from the end. Well, we finally have a temple in Twin Falls! It is absolutely amazing and beautiful in every way. I have never been through a temple open house before, so this was just as exciting for me as it was for the kids...especially since it is in my "hometown." I was very close to my emotions that day...so I had to be careful. There is something about going home that feels good, and it felt really warm with the temple there. I think I am still in awe. Anyway, I will talk my way through the pictures.
We grabbed a quick picture as we were leaving the tour. It was really bright and hard for the kids to keep their eyes open for the pictures.


Mason was getting wild and crazy like 2 year olds do when they are supposed to be reverent. :)

These are a few pictures that we took the night before the open house.

It is so beautiful and the interior is decorated very contemporary. I loved it.

We were excited to see murals painted inside because my Bishop Leon Parson from Ricks College painted them. They were beautiful!

These are a couple pictures of the Twin Falls...even though one is not flowing with water anymore and the other seems to barely trickle these days.

Ok, so this is the place where Matt and I first kissed...is that ok to share on a blog that is open to the public eye? Maybe I should be embarrassed to admit that, but after almost 11 years...and 4 babies later, what is there to be embarrassed about anymore? :)

I had to grab a quick drive-by snapshot of my first school...Lincoln Elementary School. Those were definately the "good ol days." The kids were excited to see where Mommy went to school. They probably can't believe I went to school...being as "un-educated" as I am. :)

Now we are at the Shoshone Falls. They were really flowing beautifully that day. The kids were suprised at the cool misty breeze that blew up to them.

Looking in awe...it is really beautiful.


I love looking out at the Snake River. I have really missed it.

Isn't that an amazing view?

I want Matt to paint me a few of these pictures.


Then we went to the Perrine Bridge. It really is amazing. I can't believe I took so much for granted living here. Now THAT is a good man right there! I sure love him!

I love this picture of our sweet little family.

Carter and Chloe were having fun posing for pictures.

What a handsome little guy!

She is a cutie-pie too.


I love the colors. Another landscape painting request...Matt.

Another view of the Snake River.

We went for a little hike on the Snake River Canyon and saw this view of the temple...love it.

I love to see the temple!

I love this view of the Perrine Bridge.
I am grateful to have been raised in Twin Falls. It was a good place to grow up and learn the ways of life. I am grateful for the many memories I have there and for all the hundreds of people I was able to associate with and learn from. Grateful for good parents who raised me in a good home and provided all the opportunities I could have ever desired. They helped me discover and develop my talents. Thanks Mom and Dad. Love you.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh....soooooo beautiful! Makes me want to go for a visit too. Thank for sharing!
We are always driving past but never stop in Twin. Next time we'll have to stop.
Once again, the pictures are amazing.
Those picutures make me miss Twin Falls too. They are beautiful. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment