After spending a week in Utah (continuing the "Summer Vacationing" post), we got to go to my hometown, Twin Falls, Idaho. It has been a couple years since I was there and it was nice to go "HOME." We stayed with my one and only favorite sister, Margie. Our kids had a great time playing together and my kids eventually warmed up to the dogs and cat. (Sometimes I think I am doing something seriously wrong by not letting my kids have a pet-pieve.) Chloe and Mason are so afraid of animals...at least when they are in their face...which animals usually are. I think I had so many years around pets that I got my fill...who knows, maybe someday when we move out in the country and the dog won't chew up our sprinkler system. (Yes, I am speaking from experience!) ANYWAYS, I wasn't meaning to go off on animals. I do love them deep down...just don't tell anyone! :) So, we spent a couple days visiting my sister and her family. It was great fun. Margie and I, of course stayed up very late talking also. We just don't get to see each other nearly enough. It was good to spend some quality time without any interuptions. :) Love ya Margie. Thanks for a really special time.

This is us...Margie and I...or me and Margie reading from left to right. :) I love this picture. The last picture we had taken together was at Margie's wedding and she looked beautiful...I on the other hand, had recently had a baby and was not the most...lovely. :)

She has such a cute home. We got to camp out in the backyard in her tent. It was so nice and fresh outside. We haven't been camping enough this year, so we felt spoiled. Here we are without the babies.


Riley wasn't enjoying himself as much as the rest of us. :) Maybe it was the fact that he wasn't fully dressed for pictures...I guess we should have thought of that before we forced him to
"say- cheese!"

Mason is eating a delicious homemade bran muffin. Margie is a really great cook. She got all of those "skills."

I think he is oblivious to the fact that I am taking his picture.

This was the cutes game. Kris is a real sport when it comes to entertaining the kids. He kept chasing them around the yard and they thought that was a blast! They all had big smiles as they ran. We were sitting on the sidelines with our bellies jiggling in laughter also. :) Couldn't help it!


This is sweet Madelyn.


Carter had a ball climbing the great big trees out front. We really need to plant some trees for this boy. He was born a tree climber!

Josie, just being sweet...like always.

Mason took right to Riley's quad. We had to watch him so he wouldn't ride it right into the road. I think little boys just have a nack for "rough-housing."

Chloe holding Madelyn for the first time.

Tree hugger!

Playing on Riley's swingset.


This is my home where I grew up. It has changed quite a bit since I was there last, but nonetheless, it was home for a lot of years.
No comments:
Post a Comment