So, this summer Matt signed up for a Designer Surfaces class, for our business, in Heber City, Utah, so I gathered up the kids and told him we were coming along for the ride. He went to Kentucky last year for a class and left me home pregnant with 3 little kids for a week. Now, speaking from experience, I told him that I wasn't going to do that again! :) My rationalization was that we have a lot of friends and family in Utah and I could keep myself and the kids busy while he was at class. So, the next couple blog "blurbs" will be from our trip. They were different enough experiences that I have decided to split them up, rather than lump them all together and get really confusing. The kids had a hard enough time trying to figure out who we were going to visit next, and where we were going to sleep for the night. They just decided to call all the kids they met "cousins" because it seemed easier that way! :) It was a great trip and we travelled over beautiful country. Hence, we have decided there are a lot of places we still need to "live" in...if moving weren't so difficult of a task. These pictures were taken as we travelled to Utah; in Northern New Mexico, Southwest Colorado (Cortez, CO was our favorite!), and Southern Utah (Moab was beautiful Shay...we need you to give us the tour!) The trip lasted about 10 hours and the kids were fabulous! Of course, they had their music, DVD's and lots of treats to keep them busy! I was really good too because I had my new found addiction of chocolate. So, I am a late addict...but I have seen the light on how addicting/delicious chocolate is!
Love these cool rock formations!
Carter thought they looked like cupcakes.

Chloe just sang as loud as she could...not realizing that we couldn't hear her music...SO CUTE!!
Josie wore herself out having so much fun!
Carter doesn't say a word as long as the DVD player is on. He has always been a "Movie Kid."
Mason even travelled well...as long as we kept his mouth busy. He doesn't talk much, but he makes a lot of "huh" noises.
Yes, I take travelling very seriously!
Isn't Cortez beautiful?
I love this picture that I got by chance, as we zoomed by. I think I miss having horses around. My kids are dying for a horseback ride. The last time they rode a horse was at the Twin Falls Idaho Fairgrounds. That was Chloe's first and last ride. Pathetic!



Travelling with Matt, the artist, we all notice color everywhere. It is amazing how Heavenly Father uses color in his landscapes. I am grateful that Matt helps me and our children gain a greater appreciation for the beauty around us.
Simple, yet SO beautiful.
Well, stay tuned for the rest of our trip...We were gone August 2nd through 12th. We had a great time and it took us at least a week to be glad to be home. Those are the kind of trips we need to take more of. Grateful that we were blessed to have the means and ability to take a trip!



2 comments:
The pictures you took are amazing. What a good eye!
I just realized from this post...ARE EVERY ONE OF YOUR KIDS IN CAR SEATS????????????? Oh the joys of parenting! :O)
Post a Comment