Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Meeting up with my Ricks College Roomates!!!

Well, this blob "blurb" is in continuation with the previous "Summer Vacationing." We spent the first couple days of our trip to Utah visiting some of my best friends in the world. We spent a couple great years at Ricks College back in 1993-1995. Many of my roommates still live in Utah so they get together often. Well, all of them do, but me. So this was a special trip for me to get to be part of the reunion. I realized how much I miss each of them and the great times we have laughing together.
I got to visit with Krissy as we passed through Provo and see her home. It was so fun meeting her little girls and talking to her and her husband. I totally forgot to get a picture with her...darn me! I think my brain was fried from travelling all day...
This first picture is Loralee and Dayna. It was fun talking to them and each of us sharing our stories about how we "fell in love" with our spouses. We haven't really had a chance to do that. It was a great reminissing opportunity. Sara was also there, but once again...I didn't pull out the camera until she was gone. Darn me again!
Here is Becky, and Loralee. We spent the whole day together with our 8 kids. It was a wild and VERY fun adventure. We started out at the park where the kids had a great time playing in the sand...see the pictures.


Mason looking into the future with Syd. :)
Chloe posing for another "photo shoot."

Brianna having a sad moment, but what a great picture Becky. I have to thank Becky for sharing her camera abilities. I supplied the memory card and she used her fancy schmancy camera. Now I want one!
Cute kids. Chloe thinks they are all cousins. :) She and Rachel (far right) became great friends because they are both 4.

Carter and Erin were great pals too. Carter misses her.
After the park we went to Becky's home and watched our roommate video. It was just as funny...ok maybe funnier than it was when we made it. Becky and I took a ton of pictures at College and then secretly developed the film and put together a picture video with music. We have watched it many times and it usually tortures anyone other than the roommates. We used to say that the man that would watch the roommate video with us...was worth marrying. Well, I don't know if any of our "men" have watched it, in its entirity...but nonetheless, it is a beautiful video!!! As we were watching, we were able to remember how carefree those college days were and how they are good memories to reflect on, when times get hard.

Becky bought us pizza and we sat out on the front lawn and ate dinner. Thank goodness for beautiful green grass...something we are waiting to do to our yard in New Mexico. We still have a very large sand pit.
And shall we say "Hooray for capri-sun?" I think everyone got two. :)
These are Becky's cute girls, Aubree and Sydnee. (Hope their names are spelled right!)
Loralee with Colton and Brianna.

Even Josie wanted to get in on the dinner. She decided licking the plate would do.

Lots of kisses from Brianna.
Then we went to a splash park in Ogden by Becky's home. It was fun for the kids to play and get wet. They had a very exhausting day! I am sure that they all slept quite well that night.
I am so grateful to have such great friends. Months and even years slip by without contact, and it is nice to know that when we reunite, it seems like time has stood still. We really can pick right back up where we left off and catch up on everything quickly.
I think friends are God's way of taking care of us. I am grateful to be well taken care of!
Thanks for spending time with me and helping me remember who I am.





2 comments:

Becky said...

That was almost as fun to read as it was being there.

I am sooo glad we got to spend the day together. I am still laughing at us watching the room-mate video and pausing every picture to try and name each person.

I can't wait for our first official girls week-end that you are planning!

Julie said...

How fun!! Holy smokes I have to catch up on your blog! Great pictures.. your kids are adorable:) but that is no surprise!! I will email you, I am just slow-- its been one of those fun weeks with sick kids, ya know.