Today, Carter came home from school and he drew this picture that he was so very proud of. I think it is one of the cutest pictures he has ever drawn. (Ok, he has some pretty neat spiderman pictures that he has drawn too.) I had to post it for all to see, because I love the cowboy hat and his cute face. It didn't really scan very well so the effect probably isn't the same. Also, there is an apple tree in the far distance above...with apples hanging on the branches and one little ripe red apple that is falling off the tree. SO CUTE! At the bottom of the page he has written, "Im a cowboy and I can ride a hours. Can you do it. Yes I can do it!" I love the way he spelled horse. :)
Carter is discovering his artistic abilities. His Primary Teacher last Sunday gave a lesson on talents. As part of her lesson, she had written on a little paper each child's name and one of the talents that she saw in them. Carter was tickled pink when he came home and showed me his paper where his teacher had written "art" as his talent. I think he grew 5 inches with pride. It is nice when others see and express our talents.
He also loves to read and write. Tonight I sat and talked to him in his bed and he was telling me all about his friends and classmates at school. When he would tell me about Tyler, he wouldn't call him Tyler, he would call him "T-y-l-e-r" by spelling out each letter of his name. I laughed inside as he continued spelling each of his friends names in the same way. I love school and the many fun things they get to learn. It is great to see their self-esteem really grow by the associations they have at school.
Keep up the great artwork Carter! I love you!



3 comments:
That is a great picture of the cowboy! I also love your family pic by the bridge! Cool!
What a great little artist you have there. I love his picture! Good job Carter:)
Carter......Wow what a nice cowboy and horse!! Could you draw me a cowgirl on a horse that I can hang at my desk at work? The horse's name will be "Chick". Memaw misses riding her horse.......I love you this much.........................have fun drawing.....
Post a Comment