Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quilt for Mrs. Ruiz

Chloe's 1st Grade Teacher, Mrs. Ruiz, had a baby girl and Chloe wanted to make her a baby blanket.  Memaw helped Chloe make a beautiful quilt for the little baby Emily.  Chloe did a wonderful job learning to sew the blocks for the quilt. 
Memaw's mom, Melba Janice Ward, who Chloe Janice is named after, let Memaw play on her sewing machine when she was a little girl.  Memaw loves to sew now and has really developed her talent.  It is fun for Chloe to be taught by her Memaw.  She is a pretty lucky girl.
Even Mason added his expertise to the sewing lesson.

Here is the finished product.  Well done ladies!  I am sure Mrs. Ruiz will love the blanket.

1 comment:

The Ballard Family said...

I am lame and haven't been keeping on reading blogs lately...I manage to get mine done (sometimes) and then get lazy. But I miss you guys and am so glad to see how you are doing.
Tell Chloe I think she did a wonderful job on that quilt. :) I just made one for JC's birthday and it was really hard for me to even work a sewing machine...I am pretty impressed that Chloe has such good skills!
I hope the school year is starting out well for you guys. It sure is an adjustment but so exciting too.
Love you guys.