Many years ago, I took a painting road trip for a company I was employed with in Arizona. The trip went up the Pacific Coast States and then down the pan handle of Idaho, past Boise, Twin Falls, onto SLC, Utah and back to Mesa, Arizona. The trip was filled the most beautiful landscape and terrain. Until...of course, I got to the Twin Falls area. When I approached this area of Idaho, the thoughts of "who in their right mind would live is such a desolate and barren place as this!" Little did I know that it was, for a period my home, and the home of my future wife.
It wasn't until serving in the North Carolina Mission that the "land of desolation" produced and introduced to me the most precious gift and reward I could ever ask for. I met Sister Hamilton in the mission home in Charlotte, NC and thought that she was a very likeable person. Yes, I know, I chose my words wisely, I was a missionary for dang sakes! Anyways, we became good friends while serving in the same district/zone of Winston Salem, NC. Our friendship grew that eventually progressed to an eternal friendship on December 20, 1997.
It has been 12-13 years since that wonderful day. We had only dated (well, if you call it dating) for 2 months prior to our wedding. My life has been enriched tremendously! She is my strength and stability. I have only become better in these years because of her influence. She has a loyalty to her Father in Heaven that inspires and motivates me to be the same. I can ALWAYS count on her to not waiver. I am forever grateful for the parents of my precious wife that raised and taught her well to be a hard worker, stand up for truth and right, play sports, laugh and joke, cry and hug, love and serve.
Happy Birthday Alice! I love you!
Matt




7 comments:
happy birthday alice!!!
So sweet Matt, you DO have an amazing wife! Happy Birthday Alice!!!
Happy B-day Alice!!! Well said, Matt!
Awwww. Happy birthday Alice!!!
Awesome, so AWESOME!
Happy Birthday Alice! I sure love you. I hope you will come to Utah sometime this summer and visit.
Thank you Matt! You are a gem. :)
Post a Comment