Matt and I have recently been called to be Ma & Pa for our Stake Youth Trek. We are really excited for the opportunity. I have never personally been on a trek, but my parents went on several, including the one going right into the Salt Lake Valley. So, I feel like I should have some experience. Honestly, I am nervous and wondering if I am "strong enough" to do it.
We have been doing a lot of pioneer talk in the last week, so as we were driving home the other night Chloe started asking questions...anyone suprised? (Chloe is our million question girl.) The questions go in order without much pause for an answer...
"Are the pioneers still walking?"
"Are they all dead?"
"Are you guys going on a pioneer hunt?" (This one was my favorite!)
"Will people think you're really pioneers?"
Sometimes I wonder what the world looks like through her eyes. She has such a vivid imagination!
So, I am reaching out to all "trekking experts" to flood me with advice. We had our first training on May 2nd and we start the trek on June 3rd. HELP!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
You will do great, you are a strong women! My parents were a Ma & Pa as well a few years ago. They had a wonderful time. I'm sure you will have an experience of a life time. Now you are my hero!! How are you doing? I agree with you that grieving is such a long process...
What an awesome opportunity! You guys will do great. I can't wait to see pics!:)
How fun, you and Matt will be awesome on the trek. I have no doubts that you guys will rock as Ma & Pa! Hope you have fun and that everything is going well for you all.
Hi, Alice! Wow, you guys will be (I guess that is "were" by now) amazing. I am excited to read all about your time and see all the pictures. I can't think of anyone better to be ma & pa's.
I hope all is well with your family! Your kids are just so cute.
Post a Comment