Oh, to be a mother! There once was a time in my life when I wondered if this would ever be an option for me. I dreamed as a little girl, while playing with my baby dolls, about being a mother and having little babies to cuddle and take care of. Then when I was first married, I realized what a miracle it was to even get pregnant. It took over 3 years for us (with the help of fertility drugs) and by our 4th anniversary, we finally had a little baby boy. Oh, how our lives changed in so many ways.
Being a mother was so much more than I ever imagined as a little girl. I had no idea how much love I could feel, how much sadness, how many millions of emotions I could possibly go through as a mother. One thing I truly never imagined was how hard it would be to be a mother. To feel so responsible for everything your child eats, drinks, learns, says, does, wears, looks at, feels and experiences! To feel like a failure when things go wrong, and kids exercise their own agency as they develop their ability to make choices.
Almost 8 years and 4 kids later, those feelings have magnified in so many ways, but so has my confidence in the knowledge that I am not alone in motherhood. There is a Father in Heaven who knows these children better than I, and he has blessed me with them, for they are His. Because of this, He will help me understand them, get to know them, and love them for who they are. His children. How grateful I am for this help!
This day, I am honored to be a, their, Mother.

I ventured off to church with some of the kids and got to listen to Carter sing with the primary children. It took him many years to go up and sing on this day because he was so shy. I think the first year he went was when Chloe became a Sunbeam and drug him up with her, because she wanted to sing! :) It is such a special feeling to hear the children sing to their mothers, definately the spirit of Heavenly Father reassuring mothers of the great work we are doing. Chloe was sick so she stayed home with Matt and had a special suprise for us when we got home.
This was the sign on the front door as we entered.

Chloe was dressed up in her Mulan costume and was my hostess. She welcomed me to the K-mono Cuisine and seated me to the table. The rest of the family joined me at our fancy home-made restaurant. We ate delicious curry chicken and rice and had a great time talking about the day. The kids made my day special. Matt always helps them learn to appreciate what their mother does for them.


I received a nice tomato plant from church and special letters from the kids. What a wonderful day, even with sick kids.

How grateful I am to be a mother! And how grateful I am for my own mother who showed me by her example how to be a mother. Love you Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment