The greatest thing I love about flowers is planting them and watching them grow. I love to play in the dirt and rub it through my fingers. When I was growing up, I watched my dad plant flowers and weed the yard, and found great pleasure in seeing his strong hands move the dirt around through his fingers. In Idaho the soil was cool and damp and nice to touch. I remember spending many summer days weeding and beautifying our yard with my dad. It was a chore sometimes, but I believe I really grew to love it. I am kind of a weed freak, because I love to weed. I have thought about this often and had many discussions with family and friends and I have come to a conclusion about my freakiness. Weeding is simply hard work and instant gratification. Hard work always makes you sweat which is a result of your heart pumping harder, which creates endorphins, which makes you feel happy. The added result is that the weeds are gone, creating a little more beauty in the world, instant gratification. So, happiness and beauty combined together makes for a pleasant soul.
I am grateful for a father who helped me learn to love weeding. I am also grateful for parents who helped me see the beauty all around me. Now, I am blessed to have a husband who helps me see color in everything, with an artistic eye.
I have taken several pictures of flowers and I am not sure what kind they are...I will have to do a little research, or have my dear cousin Melissa help me identify them. :)
I hope one day I can have a beautiful flower garden to create, tend and care for. Flowers are Beautiful.
Pictures taken at Polly's Home in Gilbert, AZ



7 comments:
Flowers are beautiful and your pictures are wonderful....
I am kinda partial to flowers myself. :) What ones do you need help identifying?
You are such a sweet person. I loved reading your post and seeing the beautiful pictures. It is always good to remember to appreciate the simple things!
I too love flowers and I too made the mistake of telling Terrance before we were married that I NEVER wanted him to buy me flowers. i thought they were a waste of money and I probably associated them with old boyfriends and bad apologies.... but even though I have retracted my request several times, Terrance has yet to break the rule. Good for Matt for knowing better!! Sure miss you guys!
I thought the purple ones were daisies, but now I'm not so sure. I obviously don't need help identifying the roses, but what about the tiny little red and orange ones? Also, what is the white one? I thought it was honeysuckle, but now I am not so sure about it either. Oh, I need to do some reading up on flowers. :)
Your picures are beautiful! What a great photographer you are! Love them all!
Wow, you're quite the photographer Alice. Your flowers are beautiful. Are those in your yard? We aren't even close to any flowers like that yet.
Post a Comment