We had a really fun Easter weekend. The kids received their Easter Bunny Baskets on Saturday and they had fun getting their new soccers and basketballs. Of course, some of the kids, really enjoyed their candy...and couldn't think of anything else...no need to mention names, the pictures give it all away.

And some didn't even notice the candy, they were so excited about their new ball...

Some were a little more choosy about what messed with their tastebuds,

Did I mention that some were so very happy to have a basket of candy???

Wow, and who just woke up to join the party?...bad hair day?

Did I mention that some were excited about their new ball, or was it new head?
I can't remember.

Then, later that evening we colored our eggs. Yes, it might seem a little backwards, but that's just how we roll sometimes!

Working ever so carefully...

...and ever so gently. (notice the hair cut...we noticed the need after the last picture.)

Patiently, patiently waiting...

and finally it is time to get out the egg!

Writing a secret message.

Trying to decide which color to dip in next.

Oh, the creativity!

Beautiful Bold!

Wow! The Great use of Primary Colors!

Making a golden egg?

Not sure how this picture fits, but the hat was something special this day!

Everyone wanted to take a turn wearing it!

Then, on to Sunday's easter egg hunt!

Where, oh where have the little eggs gone?

Where, oh here, they be!

Ooh, I found two!

I remember last year, these little eggs had candy inside when I broke them in half...

Let's see...what is this? Doesn't look like candy...

Let's see if it tastes like candy...

Hmm, not really... but it is interesting.

I'll give it another try...

Yep, me likey!

Ohhhh, I found one!
We had fun with all the frivilous Easter traditions, but we did not forget the true meaning of the Easter Celebration. We are blessed to know that our Savior Jesus Christ has risen from death and Lives again. How grateful we are for the truth of his Resurrection and the Atonement in our lives. Where would we honestly be without Jesus Christ? We love Him and give Him our respect during this holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment