Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year Resolutions...

It's another year....

I haven't felt like "running" into this new year. I have found myself anxiously stepping into each day, hesitant at what is ahead. It is a different feeling than other years, but I believe that is a good thing. Most other years, I would spend the week between Christmas and New Year's preparing for the new year and making new resolutions. Looking back, it seems that most of the resolutions are the same, or at least along the same lines as the last 20 years. Loose weight, get out of debt, do the many daily tasks, become "Super Woman"...and the last is everything all wrapped up in a nutshell. I believe that I am really always striving to "do-it-all." So, at the end of each year, or by the end of January each year, I realize that I have already failed.

This year I am changing my view on things. I have decided that I am going to "Let It Go." Seems that so many people are always saying that...and I have always struggled with those 3 very simple words. So, I am determined to find out what it actually means to "let it go" and then HOW to physically let something go that is in your mind. I hope that through this adventure, I may actually find some sort of peace with who I am in my life and that I can be Super Woman, without "doing-it-all."

No comments: