Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Work of Art

The following are most of the art that Matt has been taking to the art shows this summer. There are a few other pieces that we haven't taken pictures of yet. I think they are all so beautiful and I wish I could keep them all...but I don't have enough wall space, and we need to make money to pay our bills. They are all different sizes, but with the pictures they look about the same size. The first one is my favorite and it is 5 feet by 5 feet. I have seen this painting "Jemez Walls" go through the "refiners fire." I remember when Matt was working on it for a school project about 9 months ago. He put many hours of sweat and tears into it. I hope for many reasons that it will never sell. I believe it represents Matt and how he has progressed with his art. Maybe we will be able to sell enough prints to allow me to keep the original. :)

















1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow, I am so impressed with Matt's talents. They are all beautiful. I can't imagine the time and effort gone into all of them.

Alice, this is more than I've communicated with you in years. I love it!