Friday, July 4, 2008

Making 72 Hour Food Kits

In our ward at church, we have a food storage group that meets every month. We talk about all kinds of ways to become more self reliant. Well, this month, I volunteered to put together 72 hour food kits and share some information I have received about 72 hour kits. The response was crazy!!! We had 170+ orders for kits and so it became quite an overwhelming ordeal. It was fun to shop for the food with my friend Danielle. We took out all the seats in our Suburban and left the kids home with their dads. Several hours later, after going to Costco, Sam's Club, and 2 different Walmarts, we were on our way home. The back of the truck was full of food. It was fun to look at. We spent about $500 on beef jerky! :) Thanks to several friends who came over to help assemble them, we were done in a little under 5 hours. We had fun talking about the sisters in the church before our time who gathered together often to help each other. It felt good to serve and help our ward members be more prepared for an emergency.
Margret
Yvonne and Sara
Camille
Danielle and whoa...look at all that trash! :)
Josie, found the treasures forgotten under the table.
What a fun day! Thanks for everyone's help!

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow alice!
i'm impressed!!!

Becky said...

Hi Acile!!!!

I was so excited to see you left me a comment so I could find your blog. I can't believe how big your kids are. They are so cute and your oldest girl looks just like you.

I can't wait to see you in August. Way to go on the 72 hour kits. You are amazing!