Sunday, May 11, 2008

Motherhood

I recently heard in a General Conference talk that...

"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family."

I am grateful to be a mother to 4 beautiful children. Each of them blesses my life in so many ways. I have been thinking back to when each of them were born and how much joy they brought into my life.




Carter, now 6, has been the blessing that made me a mother. I wanted for all of my life to be a mom and he finally came along and gave me my life long dream. He has such a warm and loving smile and he teaches me how to care about others and be gentle and kind. I love this picture of Carter and I, because it reminds me of the days we spent together, just the two of us before the others came along.









Chloe, 4, is the daughter that helps me see the beauty around me. She is passionate about music and never misses a chance to learn the words and melody to any song she hears. She has taught me what "beauty" really is. I love this picture of Chloe and I because she was giving me a flower that she picked special just for me. She put it in my hair and I put one in hers.





Mason, almost 2, has always be one big smiling boy. He had a special place for daddy for a long time, but now I feel our heart strings molding together. He is one sweet boy that has taught me the ability to express myself through non-verbal communication. I feel his love for me through his eyes and his smile. I love this picture of he and I because it helps me remember the sweet-spirit that comes into our lives through having children.











Josie, 6 months, has really brought joy into my life. She is a beautiful little princess that has a great big smile, like all the others. She is sweet, bald, blue-eyed and absolutely perfect. She has melted every one of our hearts and helps us take time to remember the simple joys of life.






Today, I am honored to be among the noble ones who can celebrate this day called "Mother's Day".
















No comments: