Tonight Carter blessed us with his
Recorder Karate concert.
I didn't quite make the correlation with karate until the Music Teacher explained how it works. The children learn different songs that involve different levels of difficulty. Just like in karate, when they pass off a song in a basic level, they earn a little colored strings they tie to the end of their recorder. They build their skills from basic to difficult. Carter was so proud to show me that he had passed off all of the levels that the teacher had taught them and he had a variety of colored strings to show for it. They play and learn the recorder in 4th and 5th grade. It was a fun concert and I was very impressed with their music teacher. He seemed to go above and beyond the call of duty, which is usually what music teachers do.
I am grateful for all that Carter is learning in music.




No comments:
Post a Comment